1. Mind blowing bravery: Hoisted the Tricolor (Indian flag) in Lal Chowk Srinagar with Mr. Murli Manohar Joshi in 1992. Hoisting of Indian flag on top of the clock tower at the Lal Chowk, Srinagar was prohibited and the militant organisations dared any Indians to hoist the Indian flag there. Mr. Modi accepted the challenge went there unprotected hoisted the tricolour and came back. Former PM Mr. M.M. Singh referred to the hoisting of tricolour as “divisive”. “…Score political points, embarrass state and local administrations…or to promote divisive agendas.”
2. Foreign Policy Management: Modi gained international and US support during the Kargil war against Pakistan.
3. Renunciate: He renounced his family life to become a monk, then went to the Ramkrishna Mission to undertake a monastic life. Later, his preceptor Swami Atmasthananda advised him to take political life and serve mankind.
4. Obedience: He decided to keep trimmed beards after he was advised to do so by Swami Atmasthananda of Ramkrishna Mission.
5. Supporting the good: Infused with the idea nation above self, humbleness, support for positivity. His personal congratulations to ISRO scientists on Chandrayan’s success.
6. Intelligent policy making:
- The LPG Subsidy Scheme: He instituted LPG subsidies to be paid to the bank account of the consumer. After that he had appealed to the wealthy people to give up subsidy for helping the poor have gas cylinders. Responding to his call, a million wealthy ones have already donated their subsidies enabling the government to reach the poor man’s kitchen. The number of donors are increasing with time.
/* Update (24/11/15) */ For real life
experience with the LPG cylinder subsidy (the Pahal Scheme) see‘s answer. Also apply for the subsidy if you want it, download the form ( )
/* Update (26/11/15) */
- A big mind blowing factor: Modi’s Yojna earns money for the Govt. It is mind blowing because almost all govt. Yojnas aim at spending the govt. money. For example PM Modi instituted the Jan Dhan Yojna whereby Rs 25,146.97 crore of money has been deposited by the new account holders. Think this much amount of money can be invested now for development of the nation and begging at the door of the world bank will decrease. See here: .
- Brand Creation: PM Modi’s suit rised 4.3 crore at auction and this sum has been donated by the PM personally towards the Ganga cleansing project. Think of the mind blowing capacity of PM Modi’s thinking who created a brand out of himself and used the returns for nation’s development. But Alas! He had to listen to a lot of cacophony and was targeted by the opposition as “suit boot ki sarkar” See here:
- Mind blowing Revival of the All India Radio (AIR): PM Modi revived the falling popularity of the radio PSU of India and made it profitable. His program “Maan ki Baat” attracted so many audience that radio was popularised again. The AIR has earned 25 lakhs by selling advertisements based on that program. See here . A similar case with Doordarshan can be found in See here .
- One pension account: PM Modi made unified pension account for each employee so that job change does not lead to a payment hassle in the pension. Previously each employee-employer pair had separate pension accounts and this breached many labour rights whereby employer sometimes refused to pay the pension. Gone those days of employer tyranny with pension. (Collect your UN number if you are a job holder. )
7. Generosity: His graciousness to a co-passenger when he was far away from being in power.
8. Respect for the nation: On entering India’s Parliament after winning the election, Modi prostrated and kissed the carpet, much like a devotee on entering a temple. He said “This is the temple of democracy”.
9. His humble background: When Narendra Modi was young, his mother worked at houses of others to earn extra money. She would also clean utensils.
10. Justice: PM Modi ensured passport for an Assam citizen within 5 days who had been waiting a year for it. Also he got the corrupt official arrested for bribery.
11. A great listener: Listened to a 10 hour presentation and recollected every point in the presentation.
12. Simplicity: He paid 29 rupees for his lunch in the parliament canteen and was the first to do so being a PM.
13. Plurality: After wining with a clear and huge majority PM Modi says the country will not be ruled by majority but by concurrence.
14. Making India a Superpower: He speaks in all the avenues of development and cleanliness. First start with cleanliness then go for development.
15. Cautious spender: He has spent Rs. 37.22 crores in total for visiting 16 countries whereas former PM ManMohan Singh spent Rs. 58 crore per travel on an average. In this contrast Mr. M. M. Singh had spent Rs. 699 crore in 10 years just for foreign tours. Source:.
16. Charisma: People who have met PM Modi are captivated by his charisma. This stems from his spiritual progress in life.
PM Modi and the crowned king of UAE, His excellency Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. Only to his mindless separatist critiques he is anti-Muslim, actually he loves all decent people on earth.
PM Modi and Her majesty Queen Elizabeth II. (For the first time greeted an Indian prime minister bare handed)
PM Modi and the president of the United States of America, Mr. Barak Obama.
President of Russia Mr. Vladimir Putin and Modi (sharing happy times)
It was Modi’s charisma that a UAE minister went to a Hindu temple for aarti.
Above all PM Modi has spiritual insight which is the biggest mind boggling factor with him.
Finally, his mind boggling slogan “Sab Ka Saath Sab Ka Vikas” that has fascinated the US leadership and captivated our minds. NaMo
17. Support for renewable energy: He supports renewable energy, he constructed the world’s 21st largest solar power plant in Gujarat as a CM: the solar one power project (25 MW). Under PM Modi solar power is booming in India see for reference
He is talking with electric car manufacturers all over the world requesting them to invest in India. He has appealed the Indians to conserve electricity, he has also planned to introduce the LED bulbs at Rs. 10 each that consumes less electricity.
18. Workaholic: “Prime Minister Narendra Modi works for 18 hours a day and also demands the same dedication from his ministers. He closely monitors each job and then keeps an eye on reactions to it. Political analysts proclaim Modi`s way of work as corporate style. His speeches throw tips like a CEO. Be it in the country or abroad his unique proclamations cater numerous reactions. A detailed report by Bhaskar Group on Modi`s working style and his vision.”
19. Noblest Foe: PM Modi always treated his enemies with kindness and politeness.
- He advised CM Mr. Arvind Kejriwal on his bouts of bronchitis to consult a doctor
- He wished speedy recovery for the R.J.D. chief Mr. Lalu Prasad Yadav: another arch rival of PM Modi.
- When CM Ms. Mamta Bannerjee called him a “Dangababu”(a rioter), “Gadha” (Donkey) he replied her calling her a sherni (a lioness). She then said if she had the power she would have tied Mr. Modi with a rope and put him behind the bars. PM Modi replied to her, “Mamtaji, why do you take so much pain in tying me up, because to tie me up you will need a very long rope and then you will have to worry about its budget, instead just tell me the name of the jail you wish to send me, I will go there myself. See for ref.
- Another incidence involves our former PM Dr. Manmohan Singh. In a rare press conference he called PM Modi a butcher of Ahmedabad: “If by strong prime minister you mean you preside over the mass massacre of innocent citizens on the streets of Ahmedabad, I do not believe that that this country needs that kind of strength.” He also said that a Modi prime ministership would be “disastrous” for the country (See for ref ). Now see how Mr. Modi reacted when the Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif called the thee-then Indian PM Manmohan Singh a village woman (dehati aurat). The thee-then CM Modi vehemently opposed it, just look at the CM Modi’s comment in the contrast: “How dare you (Sharif) address my nation’s Prime Minister as a village woman? There cannot be a bigger insult of the Indian Prime Minister. We can fight with him on policies but this we will not tolerate. This nation of 120 crore will not tolerate its Prime Minister’s insult“. (For ref: ) Even after Mr. Narendra Modi became the PM of India Congress stalwarts and ideologues like Manishankar Aiyar and Salman Khurshid went to Pakistan and asked Pakistan to remove PM Modi to bring about peace talks. See for ref: .
20. Mind Blowing fall in diesel prices: Under Modi diesel price fell for the first time since 15 years in India. Say it is the effect of the plunge in the global oil prices but in past 15 years there were many instances of global oil price fall, but it never resulted in fall in India’s oil prices.
/*Update 03/12/2015 */
See the trend of global oil prices in the last 10 years:
See the trend of Indian oil prices in the last 10 years:
The graphs clearly shows even when the global oil prices plunged during the 2009-10, Indian price was constantly rising during that period. Now question is asked if it is the global oil price fall the cause behind the diesel price fall under PM Modi what prevented Mr. Manmohan Singh to drop oil prices back in 2009-10 and almost enigmatically why instead the oil price actually rose in India then? In fact the global price fall during 2009-10 was drastic than it is in 2015.
21. Keeper of Promises: PM Modi stands by his promises, following examples can prove it.
- Declassification of Netaji files: Death of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose is shrouded in mystery, many secret files are there with the Govt. of India containing important information about the patriot’s disappearance. PM Modi had promised to the Bose’s family that he would declassify the files if he came to power. Declassification of those World War II files can prove to have a doom’s day effect on many international ties India shares. But Modi stood by his words and has assured the declassification of Netaji files starting from 23rd Jan, 2016 in spite of the rigour and troubles associated with it.
- Another instance where PM Modi kept his promises to the defence staffs is the OROP. OROP has been granted as promised. Previous congress government had disregarded OROP outright for the defence ex-servicemen. But Modi has granted it for them.
- PM Modi’s government passed the Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets and Imposition of Tax Act, 2015 to define, account for and penalize the overseas black money account holders. Modi government started pressurizing the Swiss banks asking them to disclose the Indian account holders’s assets. The banks in turn have responded to this as the first post article puts it “Verily, the secretive banks unable to withstand the heat turned on them by the Modi government are now putting pressure on their Indian customers to come clean on the nature of money deposited with them.” .
Do you need more mind boggling facts about Modi? Stay tuned I guaranty you that you will have many and many more.
Thanks to all authors who have asked and answered written this FAQ about a wonderful man,
History has it that whenever monks have taken over the works in a field they have revolutionised that very field. A monk called Georges Lemaître had taken over the field of physics and today the whole of physics remains revolutionised with his idea. Another monk called Swami Vivekananda had taken over the field of national integration and today he is the morning-star of Indian nationalism. We have yet another monk in charge of India, surely he will revolutionise it to make it a superpower. Enough of sluggishness, corruption, injustice, untruthfulness our country have seen and the Almighty has finally sent this mind-blowing man for Bharat’s redemption. Let’s pray that he succeeds in overcoming all the evils and be a firm rudder to a rudderless oversized ship.
BTW, This answer is copied.